Thursday, December 16, 2010

Joy is a package deal.

Really enjoying my joy experiment.  I've heard that it takes 21 days for something to become a habit, but already I'm finding myself automatically defaulting to joy.  My heart feels warm and fuzzy.  It's funny that I set out looking for joy ... and along the way I've found patience, compassion, peace, softspoken words, and faith.  I guess the fruit of the Spirit is a package deal.  My heart is shifting into a better place without any big fanfare. 

Although I wasn't so joyful at first to see the white stuff, {19} it was fun catching snowflakes with Ava.

Christmas cards have been piling in from all over.  {20} I love the pictures of growing babies, happy families and warm wishes.  I've made a point to hang each one up on my wall.  It reminds me daily of the {21} blessings of friendship and family.

Our Christmas tree is up!  Complete with the {22} pretty white lights (I won this year) and the decorations that the kids have made over the years.  Growing up, {23} the memory of my mom pulling each personalized decoration out and telling my sisters and I the story of how/when it was made is plastered in my memory.  It obviously was a pretty big deal to me.  I can {24} see the excitement in my own girl's eyes when I remind them of the year they made the manger out of a nut shell & cotton balls and then proudly hang it front and center.

Ava and London were angels in the Christmas Program this past Sunday.  Heidi, my youngest {25} sang her little heart out from our seat in the audience.  {26} Ava sang her solo as perfectly as any angel can be expected to sing, and {27} London was just as entertaining with thumbs up to all her fans.

Sunday night hubby and I had a double date with {28} new friends {29} at The Melting Pot.  Cheese and chocolate folks.  Joy in double doses.

Joy.  Refreshing and Motivating.  I feel like I'm on to something ... this experiment was divinely inspired.  I just know it.  Big thanks to my new friend Sarah for the nudge.

I know I'm searching for something .... did I lose it along the way?  Or was it never really there in the first place?  I am comforted knowing that He is with me on this journey.  I am also encouraged to know that He delights in every joyful moment that I discover...or re-discover.













No comments:

Post a Comment