Sunday, October 23, 2011

Your greatest calling

Laundry, work, phone calls, and more laundry.

In the middle of it all, my 6 year old asks me to help her draw a cat.

Without thinking I begin to spout off my to-do list.  To a 6 year old.  To my 6 year old.

As I am running down the list of important things, I see her face.  She is not impressed. She doesn't care. She just hears "not now", "maybe later", and "I have more important things to do".  More important than you.

She won't remember the time that her mom was so busy.  She will just remember that I said no and she didn't get to draw her cat.

All of those people on my to-do list, they don't love me the way she does. So she should be the most important.

They won't remember how important you are.  They will remember how important they weren't.

So draw. Build. Play. Sing. Remind them how important they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment